in the comment section. Ha, lied again!"
Now Carcillo is certainly not the league's only diver, and some might argue that he's simply doing his job -- trying to gain an advantage for his team through any means possible. But sadly, these two incidents haven't happened in isolation. League sources have told me that this is actually part of a pattern of habitual dishonesty on Carcillo's part.
A quick review of recent incidents seems to support that. Here are just ten more recent examples of Daniel Carcillo's lies.
- Has described his facial hair as a "child molestor's moustache", when it's actually more of a "child molestor's van dyke".
- Has been heard referring to the Philadelphia Flyers as "a tough but honorable team with a reputation for playing the game the right way", when in fact that was only true up until March 4, 2009.
- Upon hearing "Free to Be" during a pre-game warmup in Toronto this year, referred to it as "not the worst song I've ever heard".
- Told officials that he had been bitten by Marc Savard during a first period scrum tonight; in actuality, Savard has been taking all his meals through a straw since early March.
- Told the Hockey News his favorite movie was Old School; is actually Fritz Lang's 1922 silent classic Dr. Mabuse der Spieler.
- Was once overheard describing the Potvin/Hextall fight as "a draw".
- During a poker game on a team flight, once bet out like he had hit his flush on the river when he totally hadn't.
- Swore to Scott Hartnell that he had no idea why Jeff Carter's toothbrush kept turning up in his bathroom.
- During the last few months of the Flyers season, frequently pretended he knew what that backup goalie's name was.
- When asked tonight by reporters if the Flyers can still win their series against the Bruins, replied "yes".