The Friday Funnies is a semi-regular feature that highlights hockey humor from around the web.
It's Friday. Why are you working? Shouldn't you be wasting company time reading hockey jokes? Yes, of course you should. Let me help...
- Down Goes Spezza - Two things about this relatively new blog. 1.) Although I can't quite put my finger on it, the name seems vaguely familiar. 2.) Any blog that features posts with titles like Top 10 Most Memorable Flyer Facial Injuries is OK with me. I'd complain about the omission of Ron Hextall, but then again it's probably true that Potvin did more actual damage to his soul.
- Habs Laugh - The folks at this Montreal Canadiens humor blog take a moment out from throwing burned out cars through store windows to consider the pros and cons of the Habs advancing to round two.
- Blades of Funny - Debunking some well-known NHL myths. Come for the jokes, stay for the shirtless Sheldon Souray pic.
- Hockeenight - This Hawks blog has created a video preview of the upcoming series with the Canucks. I'm not sure the production values will be putting Bloge Salming out of business any time soon, but I still liked it because... well, you'll see.
- Bloge Salming - Speaking of Bloge... if you missed this video from a few days ago, watch it now so you'll understand why everyone is suddenly calling the Leafs GM "Burkes McGurkes".
- Tweet of the Week - Did you know that Vancouver Sun sports editor Scott Brown is the brother of former NHL star Rob Brown? That would be the same Rob Brown, of course, who indirectly lends his name to his blog thanks to his TKO at the hands of Sylvain Lefebvre. When this was pointed out to him, he chose to look on the bright side.
- Jays STAT - Finally, this latest blog from the folks behind Vintage Leafs has nothing to do with hockey. But if you're a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays, or baseball, or lens flares, or happy kitties, or angry little girls, or... you know what, it's hard to explain, just check it out for yourself.