The Friday Funnies is an occasional feature that highlights hockey humor from around the web.
Here's a few links from around the web to give you a quick laugh as we wait for the draft to get started. Unless you're a Bruins fan, in which case you've been laughing nonstop since September.
- Chemmy from Pension Plan Puppets creates another Chick tract masterpiece. Read it, collect yourself, and then read the rest of them.
- So why does Jason Spezza want out of Ottawa? Silver Seven Sens has the scoop.
- If you missed it on Wednesday, here's the epic Ryan Getzlaf/Bobby Ryan skit from the NHL Awards. Go watch it now, Silver.
- Courtesy of Blades of Funny, here's what to look for at the draft tables of various teams tonight.
- Dion Phaneuf was making some big promises after being named captain, according to Intent to Blow.
- Don't Trade Vinny, the world's greatest combination hockey humor/Tampa Bay Lightning fan blog, gets to the bottom of the Steve Yzerman hiring.
- Habs Laughs lists several new Habs-licensed products hitting the market soon. Missing from the list: an automated comment filter.
- Here's the pick for funniest tweet of the week. Man, what a brilliant parody account that is. Wait, what?
- Do you love Bloge Salming? Do you love movies? Then you need to check out Bozo Films.
- And finally, while it's not hockey-related, this was the week's funniest sports writing: a Guardian reporter liveblogging the Mahut/Isner match makes a slow descent into utter madness as he realizes it will never end.